We’re Expecting (+ 15 Announcement Ideas)
I don’t think I ever thought this day would come. I get to be a real mom.
Now that we’re just about out of the first trimester, I wanted to go ahead and share the news here, in case you hadn’t heard yet…. we’re expecting another Little Brown this summer!
MOM & BABY
The doctor says we are both doing great, and I don’t have any specific restrictions or anything so far. We are still taking lots of tests this next few weeks but so far so good. I haven’t had the traditional first trimester symptoms (besides lots of crying 😂) so it’s been pretty easy so far. I cry more often than usual, and am usually very tired, but at least I am not sick/nauseous or anything like that. I am told the lack of energy should start to subside next trimester, and I’m looking forward to that.
Although I have only gained a pound so far, my pants no longer fit properly, so I have been getting very creative there. I will likely bite the bullet soon and just get some nice stretchy maternity pants. Baby Brown is due July 2019.
Unfortunately, I don’t have an photos of me telling my husband the news. I was so speechless I didn’t even think to surprise him in some cutesy, instagrammable way. (He actually figured it out before I did anyway, so it likely wouldn’t have been any fun.)
For all four of our parents I decided to make them all individual little ornaments, since it was Christmas time. I scoured the dollhouse section of Michaels to find little teddy bears, wrapped gifts, faux snow, and trees. They were having a sale on DIY ornaments at A.C. Moore, so each 100 ml plastic ornament was just $1.
I hot glued little scenes inside each ornament, and then poured in the snow once they dried. I screwed them shut and then attached a little tag and some holiday ribbon for the ornaments to hang from each parent’s Christmas tree. I wrote a different little message on each tag, mailed them out, and waited for our moms and dads to get the news!
HOLIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT INSPIRATION
- Our tiny new present is due to be unwrapped this [insert month], Merry Christmas!
- Little bundle of joy due [insert month].
- The more the merrier.
- Confetti themes for New Year’s announcement.
- T-shirt’s that read “pop”, “clink”, “bubbly”, “drink” and “fizz” for each family member. Mom-to-be get’s “pop”.
- Use Easter eggs to spell out your message in the grass.
- [insert month] our little lucky charm is due!
- Large metallic balloons spelling out “baby” are year-round.
POEM ANNOUNCEMENT IDEAS
- Roses are red, violets are blue, in [insert month and year], your niece is due!
- Roses are red, violets are blue, what we’ve been wishing for, finally came true!
- We don’t know if it’s a he or a she, all we know is you’re grandparents to be!
- I have a surprise, and it’s totally sweet. Our family is growing by two tiny feet! (best accompanied with a few donuts)
- This Valentine’s will be extra sweet, because our family is growing by one more heartbeat!
- We’ve waited for a while, to share our lovely news, it looks like we’ll be shopping, for some tiny little shoes.
ADORABLE SIBLING ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Elf on the Shelf at Christmas-time (or any other doll or teddy bear the rest of the year. Have the doll hold the note for the child to read.
- Put each child in a t-shirt that reads “big brother/sister” or use a felt board to write out the news.
I think that (with a little tweaking) some of these would be fun for an elopement/engagement/wedding announcement. Get creative! I hope these spark some inspiration. What’s your favorite announcement story? Share yours in the comments.
Related: Baby Isla is Here!